Monday, April 9, 2007

Why Ride? Aaron Langford

I have had the privilage of being a paramedic for the past 5 years. In that time, I have met a lot of amazing people and have been a part of two uniformed funerals. I didn't know Eric personally, but his influence and strong spirit is evident when talking with his coworkers and classmates. When I heard about this ride, I immediately knew it was something I wanted to be a part of! What an amazing and special way to commemorate and honor those paramedics who have died in the line of duty. Although this year we will ride with Eric's memory foremost in our minds, we will carry with us in our hearts the memories of all those brave souls who have answered the calls on those dark, dreary nights… and who have made the ultimate sacrifice. It's participating in events like this that make me realize what an honor and privilage it is to be a part of this crazy, hectic, always changing and very often maddening life-style we know as EMS.

Aaron Langford

No comments: