Friday, May 18, 2007

New York City (almost) Cheryl

Cy, Kimberly and I drove 30 hours almost non-stop from Austin to NYC. We left Austin at 130 in the afternoon and managed to miss all major traffic in all major cities, that is, until we got to the DC and then Baltimore area. Then we spent 3 to 4 hours driving the 20 or so miles of that area. I might be exaggerating a little, but this was the toughest part. (and, yes, I relayed this information to Mark and Susan). By the time we found a place to stay, just less than an hour from NYC, we were all a little frazzeled. But we found a really nice room on our first attempt, food, then showers and sleep in fabulous beds. I am sure that I was asleep within 1 minute of hitting the pillow and didn't waken until 0600 - perfect!
I am doing laundry as I type, already had breakfast and coffee. Kimberly is running on the treadmill and Cy is working in the room (Cy had to bring his work with him to be able to make this trip :-(
We are set to leave the hotel in about an hour. We had some cell reception issues, but by a miracle, my brother Geoff's girlfriend Linda called us and offered a place to stay tonight. She lives out in the Hampton's, so we will be driving out Long Island this morning.
Also, we did stop just west of Roanoke to visit briefly with Kimberly's cousin, Jesse. From that point I was really paying attention to the terrain. The hills are gonna be a blast!!!!!!

1 comment:

cslydon said...

Hey there ya'll! Just wanted to wish you good luck and have fun! Will be following your trip from Oregon...Cassi