Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New York City, Day 1... Tree

The day began at 0430 to catch our (Aaron and Tree) flight from Austin to NYC. After our very early breakfast at the airport, we wandered over to the Bookpeople store in the terminal. I was still trying to wake up as I wondered through the aisles when Aaron pointed to one of the TVs and said, "Look!" I looked up to see our very own Susan Erwin in front of Medic 31's truck with Rita Hanson talking about the ride! From what I understand, News 8 Austin ran the segment throughout the morning. How cool was that?

We touched down in New York at 1140 this morning. We eventually ventured out to Manhatten and attempted to see some of the city when the skies abruptly turned black and it began downpouring. Aaron and I wondered around the NBC studies in Rockfeller Center while it continued to rain.

Aaron and I are going to try to go see Ground Zero before the ride on Sunday. In many ways, this ride fits our purpose. I'm sure Eric would have tried to do this ride once in his lifetime if he knew about it. He was not an avid cyclist but he did enjoy a good long ride for a great cause. Something I didn't think about until today was the start point of the ride -- Ground Zero. The events of 9/11 inspired Eric to be a paramedic.

We'll be seeing the sights as we patiently wait for Cheryl, Susan, and Mark...

Tree

No comments: